The most common advice that you will get for buying a used car is to purchase used Chevrolet Beat in Bangalore that is certified. But hardly anybody knows that exactly a certified car and what all points are checked in it.
Certified Used Cars Explained
A certified used car is the one which has been checked at multiple points and inspected for any faults to ensure that it is in trouble free condition. This checking and inspection generally involves:
Exterior Check: This involves checking for body work, paint job, rust, perforation, dents, scratches, windshield, lights, wiper, etc.
Interior Check: This involves checking the air conditioning and heating, exhaust, electronic systems, upholstery, rugs and carpets, trunk, dashboard, etc.
Mechanical Check: This covers checking the engine for condition and performance, suspension, brakes, tyres, clutch, gear box, etc.
Driving Check: This covers checking the performance of the car and drive quality.
When Will a Car Not Be Certified?
A used car is usually not certified when:
- The manufacturing date of the car is more than 5 years old or the car has already covered more than 50,000 kilometres in its life so far.
- When the overall structure or the body of the car has been damaged very badly and has subsequently been repaired.
- If the owner of the car has modified it.
- If the owner had altered the original state of the engine or any other mechanical part to get better performance from the car.
- If the car was not serviced by the authorized workshop of the car’s OEM.
- If the registration documents of the car are not available with the owner.
- If the car fails in any of the above mentioned checkpoints.
The only difference between certified car and non-certified cars is that there is certain level of assurance involved.