Conversion optimization, or CRO, is the method that gives websites an opportunity to improve their performance using analytical data and visitors’ opinions of the website usability and content. The way CRO is used is chiefly determined by completely different goals of different websites and plans concerning reaching set out key performance indicators (KPIs), and it is linked deeply with growing the part of a website or home page visitors converted customers, attracting new clients, and increasing visitors’ engagement on a website (signing in, filling out forms, getting some files, putting items in their shopping carts, contacting your support team, etc.).
CRO takes advantage of the traffic the website already attracted. This means that the web masters do not have to flow in any money to invite new people to the website, it is more about getting the level of conversion higher than it was before. Optimization increases the return on current investments, and engaging the majority of the already existing users into some action is much more profitable than attracting new ones. You must remember that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. In fact, boosting conversion rate means lowering cost-per-acquisition (CPA), the price websites pay for each new visitor, for example by creating new promotion techniques.
At its most fundamental level Conversion Rate Optimization is just getting the feedback from website visitors and learning why they do not engage into action and solving the problem.
Key things you have to take into account for conversion optimization:
- Is Call to Action actually visible on the website and not buried somewhere in poorly contrasted background or content crammed with redundant messages?
- Are the Graphicsappropriate, put into the best light, not sloppy, and one of a kind? Or are they disturbing and off-putting by their quantity and quality? Is there a lot of redundant (or maybe put in the wrong place or superfluous) content?
- Talking about the interface and website usability, can people quickly and frustration-free scour the website for information they wanted to find? If your company’s web presence is actually linked to online shopping industry, are repetitive payment processes anxiety-free? How many pages and clicks does it take to perform the targeted actions? Is there a mobile analogue of the website? Are web structure, pagination, sign in/out, log in/out, account deletion, support chat or other contact form, and checkout not stuffy and easy to spot on and manage?
- Are people assured that their Securityis the website’s highest concern? Is your website trustworthy and does not remind scam-like websites?
- Are SEOpractices not old-hat or too embarrassing to use? Are there no spelling mistakes around the website? Is meta data in place? Pictures should have proper descriptions and titles, and keywords should be used intelligently and professionally. Blog post titles should be uncluttered and truthful. If the above-mentioned things are where they were meant to be, your website will boast having a lot of random guests that come for the site by some keywords and do not get what they are looking for, while others go away disappointed, because could not find the right content or services, although their search queries and your keywords are the same.
- Are there Customer Testimonialsthat feature actual people, not random photos of people? Are they too simple or too sophisticated or robot-like? Social proof is important, but sounding like a cliché company that wrote its own customer testimonials is even worse. Nowadays people hardly notice these things anymore, because the commercial testimonials are just too mundane. Although in the past they were real conversion rate drivers.
In other words, CRO works with what you have on a website to help you to identify and deal with any problems first.
If you are unsure that you can create some results from conversion optimization if you are only dabbling in it or learning the ropes, you can get the work into the hands of masters. Our specialists have a decided advantage and experience in conversion optimization and can help your company get the targeted traffic more involved into the life of the website than before. The team of marketers is ready to employ creative conversion optimization techniques to net more income for your website and get the ball rolling.