IPhones purchased through shippers or resellers come with 2 year contract and they are locked to a single network. Considering an iPhone from American network called AT & T, the phone will only show signals through its SIM card. Other SIM cards will not be accepted. However, it is necessary to use the unlock services or methods when you need to switch to different carriers.
Software unlock was an old and the only method few years back. However, even this was killed by the apple and hence, unlocking becomes next to impossible. Besides, it is much easier and also safer to turn out to be SIM free. This could be through –
- Carrier unlock
- Factory service
- AT & T unlock service
Let us go through two most reliable and official methods to unlock AT & T iphone 5.
- Unlock Request Form
This method of unlock requires to contact you operator like AT & T. You should know whether you are qualified to direct unlock. There are certain requirements to be fulfilled for this unlock method. The procedure is as follows –
- Call the carrier AT & T to learn about the requirements of the unlock policy. This could be done for without charge but only if you have completed the 2 years contract. However, before the contract ends, you may be charged a certain termination fee for unlocking.
- Next is making a call to the mobile operator to switch to. Ask them if they can help with unlocking. However, you need to ensure if your phone is attuned with the network chosen. Keep in mind that some phones support only CDMA and some only GSM.
- When you are eligible for unlock by AT & T carrier, request them and wait for unlock.
- Using IMEI unlock
Hardware unlocks or iPhone factory unlock is the second way for freedom from carriers. This service is chargeable and affordable, but can be done for both phones in contact or out of contract. The steps are-
- Research for different companies and read the reviews of other customers. Ensure if your iPhone model, software versions and carriers are supported.
- R -SIM method could be used to unlock but it does not support all iPhone models or firmware. However, IMEI factory unlocks supports all IOS versions and all iPhone models including iPhone 5.
- In IMEI unlock, you need to give this code firstly. It is an identification of your phone. You can find it in settings or by dialing *#06#. IPhone 5 users can find this code on the back side of their phone.
- IMEI unlock works with activated smart phones therefore it is necessary that you ensure your original activation, carriers, country and blacklist status.
- Next is to order unlock online. For this, you should fill the form and all the chief details like your country, iPhone model, carrier, IMEI code, etc. check them thoroughly twice.
- Now pay for unlock and finish the procedure. It is advised to back up your device before completion of unlock.
- Lastly, use iTunes, restart, and reset and get ready for the extra fun with your unlocked iPhone 5 or any other model.
Frank Spark has written many articles related to unlocking iPhones with software, or by using the services of third parties. You could visit here, to unlock your iPhone today and enjoy all the hidden benefits.